EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES & ANTI-DISCRIMINATION
The VIking Academy trust complies with the public sector equality duty:
A public authority must, in the exercise of its functions, have due regard to the need to—
(a)eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under this Act;
(b)advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it;
(c)foster good relations between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.
To read the Public Sector Equality Duty in full please click here
VAT EQUALITY OBJECTIVES
It is against the law to discriminate against anyone because of:
- being or becoming a transsexual person
- being married or in a civil partnership
- being pregnant or on maternity leave
- race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
- religion, belief or lack of religion/belief
- sexual orientation
These are called ‘protected characteristics’.
Viking Academy Trust-wide Equalities Objectives for 2020 -2024 are:
- Ensure that all staff are given clear progressions for leadership and professional development, so that the VAT Trust-wide & individual school Leadership Teams are representative of the wider school teams.
- To ensure children with SEND continue to make good rates of progress.
- Identify and reduce barriers to learning and participation for vulnerable groups.
- Educate all about discrimination and prejudice and promote a harmonious environment.
- Strive for all pupils, regardless of ethnicity, age, gender to achieve the highest possible standards in their learning and make good progress.
Our Viking community have been involved in the formation of our Equalities Objectives.